With our next intro to guitar class on the horizon (June 6th), it’s important for us to develop the mindset of a successful guitarist. Here are my top 10 tips for aspiring pickers:
3) Bit by bit – “Never bite off more than you can chew”. When learning a challenging piece, it’s important to tackle it one section at a time.
4) Repetition is the key – Every lick, riff, and chord change comes with patient repetition. Remember, the mind and body are of one machine, requiring 1500 perfect repetitions before a technique is committed to muscle-memory.
5) Fuel the fire – Mastering the guitar requires inspiration, and there’s no better place to find it than in your personal music collection. Fill your days with fantastic music, and discover your guitar heroes as you go.
LEARN GUITAR WITH ROB SWIFT – ENROLL TODAY AT: http://goo.gl/2NHntq
Learn real guitar fast in Philadelphia. Swiftlessons offers quality lessons and classes for beginner guitar.
6) Join the community – Music has the amazing ability to bring people together & build their friendships. Gather with your fellow music lovers at jam sessions, open mics, and festivals and enjoy the “guitar life”.
7) Build your repertoire – I can not express how important it is to build a solid list of performance ready songs. There is no finer gauge for measuring your progress.
8) A creative outlet – Nothing has driven me more than my desire to compose music that I can be proud of, usually as a gift or tribute to my loved ones. Using music as a creative outlet is active and applied learning, leading to greater retention of skills and concepts.
9) Hearing is believing – At least once a week, record yourself performing your favorite tunes.
10) Your learning style – Find what works for you and run with it!